Bersano are new to us; there’s a floral generosity to these wines, and a lot to like. This Barbaresco’s a pretty rich and forward expression of nebbiolo, with clear cola, chocolate, and cherry aromas happening as well as nicely varietal rose and tar. It’s got plenty of structural tannin, too, countering a perky palate of ripe fruit with a bridal train of drying tannin. Being in a smaller size bottle means it’s a little more approachable than other four year old Barbaresco, and that just makes it all the more fun. Also, about a third cheaper than it would be otherwise, so win-win-win-win.
Full price $70.00 from the winery on 14 May 2019.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Nebbiolo
- Serving Temp.
If you’ve never plugged Piedmont into Google images then now’s the time. A northern Italian region that spoons both France and Switzerland, it’s one of the more picturesque wine regions in the world and better yet, the vinos do the dramatic backdrop justice.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
- 6 short-cut bacon rashers, excess fat trimmed
- 375g dried spaghetti
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1 x 575g jar bolognese pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup loosely packed shredded fresh basil leaves
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the bacon and cook for 2 mins each side. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat with remaining bacon. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti following packet directions, until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in the frying pan over high heat. Add mince and cook, uncovered, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 3-4 mins. Pour in pasta sauce and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the basil and half the bacon. Divide pasta among bowls and spoon over sauce. Top with remaining bacon and parmesan.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...