It’s appropriate that I want to wax lyrical about this wine, isn’t it? It kinda reminds me of my wedding chocolates: a dark raspberry ganache from Koko Black, with a crisp-cracking exterior and a velvet-smooth core. Add in some earthiness and black fruits, plus a few seeds of vanilla bean and we’re getting pretty close. It’s a hearty wine for celebrating life, effortlessly matching savoury to silky; yin and yang in a playful package of delicious mirth, embodying the spirit of the bard it pays tribute to.
Full price $24.00 from winery on 10 Dec 2018.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Limestone Coast
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Shiraz
- Serving Temp.
The Limestone Coast encompasses Coonawarra, Padthaway, Wrattonbully, Mt Benson, Robe and Mt Gambier. A relatively warm wine region on the whole, but peppered with various pockets of cool weather and an overriding maritime influence, it produces wines from rich reds to alternative whites and has the perfect conditions for some amazing dessert wines and Riesling. Including names both big and up-and-coming, if it's a mutli-regional blend you're after, Limestone Coast delivers on quality and value.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Steak with chimichurri sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed chillies
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 6 large rib-eye steaks
- Preheat barbecue or chargrill to high. Place 1 tbs sea salt in a jar with 1/2 cup (125ml) warm water and stir to dissolve. Add remaining ingredients, except steak, and shake well. Brush steaks with a little oil and season. Barbecue until cooked to your liking (1-2 minutes each side for medium rare). Rest for 5 minutes.
- Shake sauce again, discarding bay leaf. Place steaks on plates, drizzle with sauce and serve with baked sweet potatoes and iceberg wedges (see related recipe).
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...