This is a wine where brooding fruit meets accessible freshness - a red for all seasons. Destemmed shiraz from Sunbury was fermented on top of whole bunch Heathcote grenache, and only a small portion saw any kind of French oak - the rest simply stretched its legs for a few months in stainless steel. The result is a wine that has all of grenache’s rich, red-fruited sweet flavour and savoury spice matched to shiraz’s bitter dark chocolate and plummy black fruits. Not just a wine for all seasons, actually. A wine for all occasions. Now all you need is an occasion. Like tonight...
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Shiraz, Grenache
- Serving Temp.
From the producer
A complex and brooding nose of dark chocolate, dried roses and cigar box, with a palette full of bright and crunchy red fruits, cranberry and tar. A 50/50 blend on Shiraz and whole bunch fermented Grenache, with only a small percentage of old French oak. This is a wine for all seasons with good cellaring potential. Food match – Moussaka, TV match – Seinfeld, Music match – Childish Gambino
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, mashed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 400g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 40g packet fajita seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine tomato and coriander in a bowl. Combine avocado and 2 teaspoons lime juice in a separate bowl.
- Combine steak, seasoning and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, until golden and softened. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steak, in batches, until cooked to your liking. Combine steak, onion mixture and remaining lime juice in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas following packet directions. Serve tortillas with tomato mixture, avocado mixture, beef mixture and lemon wedges.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...